A. Aşağıda her cümleden sonra verilen dört seçenekten biri, anlam olarak yukarıdaki cümleye uymamaktadır. Farklı anlam taşıyan cümleyi işaretleyin.
1) The man was last seen getting on a train at Victoria.
a) Nobody saw him after he had got on the train.
b) He had been seen before he got on the train.
c) He was seen by someone getting on a train at Victoria railway station.
d) Someone saw him after getting on a train at Victoria.
2) The police found the thief hiding in the garage.
a) The thief had broken into the garage to hide himself.
b) He was found hiding himself in the garage.
c) The thief was hidden by the police in the garage.
d) He was found by the police in the garage.
3) The old woman asked a man in the street: “Have you seen a man running away with a black hand-bag in his hand?”
a) The old woman’s hand-bag must have been stolen by a man.
b) The man had seen the thief running away with a hand-bag in his hand.
c) The thief had the old woman’s hand-bag in his hand.
d) The old woman had seen the thief running away with her hand-bag.
4) When Tom was a child, he was found of planes. He used to go to the airport and watch planes taking off and landing. Now he’s afraid of flying.
a) Tom didn’t use to fly when he was a child.
b) Tom used to go to the airport to see the planes.
c) Tom used to watch planes taking off and landing.
d) Tom is still afraid of watching planes..
5) It took the police two hours to catch the robbers. A television camera was there and the people could watch the robbers being caught.
a) This may have been a bank robbery.
b) It can’t have been a bank robbery.
c) The robbers could finally be caught by the police.
d) If there wasn’t a television camera there by chance, nobody could have watched the police catching the robbers.
6) There were a lot of people having a walk at the seaside. Most of them saw the car rolling down the hill into the sea.
a) When the accident happened, the people were having a walk at the seaside.
b) Not all of the people could see the accident.
c) The car was running above the sea level.
d) The car was running at the sea level.
7) He caught his wife sitting with a man at the cafe.
a) Her husband knew the other man before.
b) Her husband didn’t know the other man before.
c) Her husband may have known of the fact when he went to the cafe.
d) Her husband may not have known of the fact when he went to the cafe.
8) If I see her again entering your room when you are not there, I’ll tell you.
a) She must have entered my room when I was out.
b) She has already been seen entering my room.
c) She is not allowed to enter my room when I am out.
d) It’s for sure that she will enter my room again.
9) The waiters serving guests at the restaurant are trained for 5 weeks before they are employed.
a)Waiters are not employed before being trained.
b) The waiters training guests at the restaurant are employed for 5 weeks.
c) Every waiter is to be trained for 5 weeks before he is employed.
d) Serving guests at a reasturant is a waiter’s job.
10) They have a prime minister living a very modest life, and he’s loved by the people.
a) The prime minister lives a modest life although he’s loved by the people.
b) The prime minister is loved by the people because he lives a modest life.
c) People love the prime minister because he lives a modest life.
d) Statesmen living modest lives are loved by people.
B. Aşağıdaki (etken) cümlelerin, aynı anlamı veren (edilgen) şeklini işaretleyin.
11) The farmer took the donkey out of the shed to make room for the other animals.
a) The farmer was taken out of the shed by the other animals to make room for the donkey.
b) The donkey was taken out of the room by the farmer for other animals.
c) The other animals were taken out of the shed by the donkey to make room for the farmer.
d) The donkey was taken out of the shed by the farmer to make room for other animals.
12) They forbade people to travel abroad more than once a year.
a) People were forgotten by them to travel abroad more than once a year.
b) Travelling abroad more than once a year was forgiven by them.
c) People were forbidden more than once a year to travel abroad.
d) People were forbidden to travel abroad more than once a year.
13) No longer will they allow students to change schools during the academic year.
a) No longer will schools be allowed to change students during the acedemic year.
b) No longer will students be allowed to change schools during the academic year.
c) No longer will schools be allowed to be changed by them during the academic year.
d) No longer will they allow students to be changed at school during the academic year.
C. Aşağıda edilgen halde verilen cümlelerin anlamına uygun doğru cümleyi işaretleyiniz.
14) Alice has been given a key by her father in order to open his safe after he dies.
a) Alice will have the key when her father dies.
b) Alice is not entitled to open the safe after his father dies.
c) Alice doesn’t have to open the safe before her father dies.
d) Alice is expected not to open the safe before her father dies.
15) If Mr. Jones had died in an accident, his wife would have been paid 200,000 dollars by the insurance company.
a) Mr. Jones hasn’t died yet.
b) Mr. Jones didn’t die in an accident.
c) Mr. Jone’s wife couldn’t possibly get 20,000 dollars from the insurance company.
d) Mr. Jone’s wife will have been paid by the insurance company.
16) Should the restrictions on electricity are extended, we must buy a generator.
a) It’s for sure that we will buy a generator.
b) It’s for sure that the restrictions on electricity will be extended.
c) The restrictions on electricity might be extended.
d) We can buy a generator unless the restrictions on electricity are extended.
D. Aşağıda dörderli gruplar halinde verilen cümlelerden oluşan her grupta bir tanesi İngiliz Dili yapısına aykırıdır. Hatalı cümleyi işaretleyin.
a) You will soon be sent the details.
b) I was promised a rise in my salary at the begining of February.
c) A high salary will be offered him, because he’s very experienced.
d) Even if the car has been repeaired, I will go to Ankara by plane.
a) Why wasn’t he offered the job?
b) The goods will be sent to your factory as soon as they’re ready.
c) Some accidents may still happen although all necessary steps were taken by the police.
d) The secret couldn’t possibly be known by anyone.
a) That boy must be taught a lesson by someone.
b) Those books were used at schools since my childhood.
c) That small German style restaurant is run by an old German couple.
d) You were asked to meet me here at 10 o’clock, not at half past.
a) If they sent the goods on the term, we could have received them.
b) What should someone be given when he’s got a head-ache ?
c) The house was broken into and all the money was stolen.
d) How much is a member of Parliament paid in Turkey ?
a) What languages are students taught at school ?
b) Don’t speak until you are spoken to.
c) Was anything interesting said at the meeting?
d) After the landlord sold the house, they had to move out.
E. Aşağıda her cümlede boş bırakılan yere uygun fiil çatısını seçin.
22) If the car ………………., we could have bought a new one.
a) has been sold
b) had been sold
c) could be sold
d) could have been sold
23) The traffic was stopped while it ……………….. from the harbour to the railway station.
a) has been transported
b) has being transported
c) was transported
d) was being transported
24) He died in the car as he ………………….. to hospital.
a) was taken
b) has been taken
c) was being taken
d) could be taken
25) Since it ……………. for by now, you can sell it to another customer.
a) hasn’t paid
b) wasn’t paid
c) hasn’t been paid
d) isn’t paid
(Testin doğru cevapları, Türkçe açıklamaları ve puanlama için “Cevap Anahtarı” nı tıklayınız)